So I'm pretty lazy in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking, but most of the time I like the simplicity of food in its more natural state, i.e. baked sweet potato or rice and beans with greens and veggies.
One dish that I do crave and enjoy making is Thai coconut curry! I think if I could only pick one dish to live off of for the rest of my life (besides fruit) it would be Thai curry. I really love yellow curry, but will gladly eat green or red if yellow isn't an option.
So I've figured out how to make a quick vegan curry that is simple and delicious.
And just a heads up... I don't really measure. I eyeball it and do what looks good. So you'll notice I don't really include measurements, but to get an idea of how much I used you can watch the video above! Or just use what you think is good for you!
Here is how I do it:
Serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you all are
Takes about 45 minutes if you're cooking rice - probably closer to 20 if you are just making the curry :)
- coconut milk (I like "lite")
- curry paste of your choice (I used red this time)
- half an onion (or whole - up to you!)
- one sweet potato
- frozen veggies or fresh of your choice
- something to sweeten - coconut sugar, regular sugar, brown rice syrup, etc.
- brown rice to serve with
- Get your rice started
- Dice up your sweet potato, put it in a bowl, get a wet paper towel to drape over the bowl, microwave for 3 minutes
- Chop up any fresh veggies you'll be using (mushrooms, onion)
- Get the pan heating up, add the coconut milk and stir in curry paste
- Add fresh veggies & frozen veggies
- Let simmer for a bit while your rice cooks
- Stir it up
- When your rice is done, your curry probably is too - as long as all the veggies are cooked to your liking
- Serve curry over rice and garnish with fresh herbs if possible like cilantro, basil, and/or mint
Let me know if you try this recipe or have another curry recipe you think is even better!